Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ceviche is delicious

Well since my mom and brother had both written the only posts on my blog I decided it was time to compose one myself. We got into Lima on the 30th and it felt so good to see a driver from our hostel holding up a sign with our names on it. We stayed 5 nights at a hostel in Barranco, a suburb of Lima and have quickly adjusted to our new lifestlyes of being ¨funemployed.¨ We´ve done a lot of eating delicious ceviche of all different types of ocean animals. I dont discriminate, fish clams shrimp squid its all good when you cut it up and add spicy lime sauce. Theres also been a lot of relaxing, either in hammocks at the hostel or the ocean is across the street. On New Years we went to a bbq at the hostel and then out dancing. It´s challenging being thrown back into the spanish speaking world but I´ve been loving it and my spanish is slowly getting better. We explored the city a little bit without much of an agenda. Luckily my friends dont mind wandering around new places at a leisurely pace like I do. Theres a cheezy quote posted on our hostel wall that says ¨When you don´t know where you´re going any road will get you there¨ I thought it was appropriate for the beginning of our trip. We´re just soaking it all in right now and talking to other travelers to figure out where all we want to go. This afternoon we are headed to Ika where we´ll take a cab to huacachina. Its a super small town but its supposed to be beautiful sand dunes with a lagoon. Will keep you posted on how sandboarding goes.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Way to get started.

    You can have the blog posts auto imported to fb if you want. Instructions here http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=12431

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'So good to hear from you, Jodi! Angela and I keep talking about how excited we are for you. Your mom sent me the url of your hostel--it looks like a party place!

    'Can't wait to see some photos when you get time to post them.

    ReplyDelete